• Home
  • Blog
  • Can I Stay In Australia After Graduation?

In this sense, you were a worldwide understudy in Australia and have now graduated. Now what do you do? Would you ever want to stay in Australia? Would you like a different visa? These many valid questions usually come up once international understudies have graduated, but maybe not before.

Depending on their ability, foreign understudies can stay in Australia for up to four years after graduating. They require an Alumni Brief Gifted Visa (subclass 485) in order to stay.

The Impermanent Alumni Visa comes in two varieties. These are the Work Stream Visa for Post-Study and the Work Stream Visa for Alumni.

For the alumni to be eligible for these visas, their expertise must be in a well-liked field. The Gifted Occupation Rundown lists the eligible professions. Employment in a field closely related to the one in which the skill was learned is what is intended to be sought after. For example, an alumni cannot join in as a merchant if they have a four-year business certification.

Post-Study Work Stream Visa

If graduates leave an Australian educational institution during the first six months following graduation, they will be able to live, work, travel, and study in Australia for a maximum of two to four years on this visa.

How long they stay depends on how capable they are. Respectfully, those with a four-year college degree can stay for a long period. Those with a graduate degree may stay for a few years, while those with a PhD may stay for an extended period of time.

However, graduates don't meet all requirements for this visa if their capability is less than that of a four-year college degree (e.g., declaration III, certificate, or graduate recognition).

Graduate Work Stream Visa

If the graduates leave the Australian educational system within the last six months, they will be able to live, work, travel, and study in Australia for an extended period of time with this visa.

Unlike the Post-Study Work Stream Visa, they are eligible for this visa even if their qualifications fall short of a four-year college degree, such as an exchange or recognition level certificate.

Graduates must pass an abilities evaluation in a profession included on the Talented Occupations Rundown to be eligible for an Alumni Work Stream visa.

To be eligible for one of these temporary alumni visas, applicants need to:

  • Be under 50
  • Be healthy
  • Possess proficiency in English (an IELTS score of 6 or proof of citizenship in an English-speaking nation).

Book An Appointment

Chat With Us